Welcome to Southwest Georgia Technical College Online!
The goal of distance education at Southwest Georgia Technical College is to provide our students the opportunity to access quality instruction anytime, anywhere. Such access is desired to facilitate a barrier-free delivery of instruction through technology. Southwest Georgia Technical College offers a quality technology-based learning environment that is not bound by traditional time and space limitations that provides access for students and meets the education and training needs of the publics it serves.
Southwest Georgia Technical College is a member of the Georgia Virtual Technical Connection (GVTC). GVTC delivers courses and programs through the Internet and is an innovation of the Technical College System of Georgia.
It’s 12am the night before your final and you’re stuck on a problem. You decide it’s too late to email your professor or call classmates. As you slip deeper into panic mode, you gulp your caffeinated drink and mumble under your breath, “where is help when I need it?”
Tired of situations like this one? We’ve got the answer to your studying needs!
With SmarTHINKING Online Tutoring, you can
• Connect with a Tutor and interact live.
• Submit your project or assignment for any class to our Online Writing Lab.
• Submit a question and receive a reply from a tutor.
Technology Requirements and Troubleshooting
• Please disable all popup blockers for www.smarthinking.com
• Verify that Java is installed. If you need to install Java, go to http://www.java.com and follow the instructions for the free download.
• For a full list of the most up-to-date settings, please visit http://www.smarthinking.com/static customerSupport/technicalRequirementsFAQ/
Need help using SmarTHINKING?
Click on the SmarTHINKING Student Handbook in the Customer Support & FAQ area of your homepage or you can contact Customer Support by email at email@example.com or by phone at (888) 430-7429 ext. 1 (Mon-Fri, 8am – 6pm ET)
To access SmarThinking, log into the SWGTC Student Portal located at: https://swgtcweb.swgtc.net/students/main.php or select “Student Portal” from the Quick Links menu on the SWGTC web site.
For login details contact your advisor, the Student Affairs department, or the Distance Education Coordinator.
Student Affairs - 229-225-5060
Distance Education Coordinator - 229-227-2680