SWGTC Preloaded Financial Aid Debit Cards
What is a SWGTC Preloaded Financial Aid Debit Card?
Beginning fall semester (Aug. 2012), the Southwest Georgia Technical College Card is the new way to get your financial aid refunds faster and easier. Your refund will be loaded onto your personal preloaded VISA card each semester, so keep your card in a safe place. There is a charge for lost cards.
How do I get my card?
Verify your mailing address and telephone contact number in Banner Web NOW! Notify the Student Services of any changes that need to be made. The card will be mailed to you within the first 2 weeks of the term from Suntrust Bank in a plain envelope. If a refund is due, the funds will be loaded on the card 4 weeks after the semester begins.
What does it cost?
There is no cost for your first card or for using your card at local businesses. You also may obtain cash advances at no fee at SunTrust ATM’s or inside VISA participating banks.
What should I do when I receive the card?
Call the number on the card to activate it immediately. Keep your card in a safe place. Don’t share your PIN with anyone.
How do I use the card?
You can use your SWGTC card just like a debit card at local businesses, the SWGTC bookstore, or anywhere that accepts VISA. You may also receive cash advances at no fee at SunTrust ATM’s or inside VISA participating banks.
I am already signed up for direct deposit. Will I automatically receive a SWGTC card?
No. Students who are already on direct deposit will continue to receive their refunds in that form and will not receive a SWGTC card unless they notify the business office to inactivate the direct deposit setup.
What are the fees/costs?
For full disclosure, refer to the Terms and Conditions that arrive with your card.
- Replacement Card Fee: $5.00 fee to replace a card that is lost, stolen, or damaged.
- PIN Change Fee: the first PIN change is free. $1.00 for each additional PIN change.
- ATM Out of Network Fee: $5.00 international and $2.00 domestic ATM transactions. No fee for use of SunTrust ATM’s or cash advances made inside VISA participating banks.
- Customer Service Agent Assistance Fee: free for the first 2 calls. $1.00 for each additional call when speaking to a representative. No fee for accessing your account online, using touch tone Customer Service for card account information, or receiving text/email alerts.
- Inactivity Fee: after 6 months of inactivity, there is a $2.00 monthly fee until activity resumes or balance is a $0.
What if I do not want to receive my financial aid refund on a debit card?
If you choose not to participate in the card program, you must complete an opt-out form at the Business Office.
Frequently Asked Questions (click here)