Health Care Science
Program Description: Health Care Science is a three (3) semester technical certificate of credit that provides academic foundations at the degree level in communications, mathematics, and human relations, as well as technical fundamentals. Program graduates are trained in the underlying fundamentals of health care delivery and are well prepared for employment and subsequent upward mobility
Student Learning Outcomes:
• Students will be able to perform one of the following items dependent on their concentration.
• A.S.N.: Students will maintain a sterile field throughout a procedure.
• Radiologic Technology: Students will perform a Chest X-ray to ARRT standards.
• Respiratory Care: Students will apply the basic principles of the Respiratory Care profession.
• Surgical Technology: Students will maintain sterility while opening a sterile package, sterile basin, sterile instrument tray, and a sterile wrapped item.
• Veterinary Technology: Students will prepare a surgical pack for sterilization.
Length of Program: 3 Semesters
Cost of Program: Click Here for A.S.N. Bridge Track. Click Here for A.S.N. Generic Track. Click Here for Pharmacy Track. Click Here for Radiologic Tech Track. Click Here for Respiratory Track. Click Here for Surgical Track.
Entrance Dates: Beginning of each semester.
Entrance Requirements: Refer to Admissions procedures. Click for Entrance Score Requirements. Admission to the specialization courses may be affected by the specialization program's competitive admissions criteria.
Age: Applicant must be 16 years of age or older.
Education: An applicant must be a high school graduate or the equivalent (GED). College transcripts will be evaluated on an individual basis.
Advisor: A program advisor should be consulted prior to enrolling in any course. An advisor will be assigned by admissions.
Additional Requirements: Students will be expected to attain an American Heart Healthcare Provider CPR Certification, First Aid, Dental, Drug Toxicology, Physical Exam, and a Criminal Background Check prior to attending the Healthcare Science Concentration Courses or before completing the competitive admissions process for other health science programs of study.
Program Final Exit Point: Health Care Science, Technical Certificate of Credit.
Credits Required for Graduation: 36 minimum semester hour credits required for graduation.
For more information regarding this program including job placement rate, on-time graduation rate, costs, occupational information, etc., Please Click Here.
** CHEM 1211 and CHEM 1211L may be substituted for CHEM 1151 and CHEM 1151L